Indicators of firm strength
In order to understand the firm strength, survey respondents were asked to rate their level of agreement with a series of statements related to the different dimensions of firm strength. The dimensions covered included: access to funding; national and international contracts; internationalization; human capital; entrepreneurship; and market knowledge and innovation capacity.
Summary of findings
- Human capital, market knowledge and innovation capacity, entrepreneurship and national and international agreements are rated favourably for firm strength, although the scores are only slightly favourable.
- Internationalisation is rated as a weakness for all three emerging industries.
- Access to funding is rated neither as a strength nor as a weakness overall.
- The differences in scores between regions are less marked for firm strength compared to the scores for the strength of the regional business environment.
- The differences are strongest for national and international agreements as well as for internationalisation.